To become an organization of International repute par-excellence in quality mulberry silkworm seed production.
To achieve excellence in quality silkworm seed production to transform the Indian Sericulture industry from subsistence level of production to a vibrant competitive commercial production enterprise.
- Maintain, multiply and supply reproductive seed true to the breeds’ traits / characteristics
- Produce commercial silkworm seed meeting the prescribed quality standards
- Introduce new systems/technology in silkworm seed production and provide quality leadership
- Guide and bring-in excellence in silkworm seed production by imparting training and technology transfer
- Introduction and propagation of productive silkworm hybrids and high yielding mulberry varieties for improving the yield and quality of cocoons and silk
- Commercial exploitation of newly authorized silkworm hybrid varieties
- Large scale production of bivoltine hybrid seed to bridge the gap in seed supply
- Generation of trained manpower in large scale bivoltine hybrid commercial seed production
- Encouraging chawki rearing concept
- Organizing farmers study tours from new states for promoting sericulture industry
- Co-ordination and linkages with R&D Institutes and Departments of Sericulture to propagate new technologies
- Transfer of proven technology to the farmers to help in increasing production / productivity
- Co-ordination of seed supply and extension related programmes with respective state departments / research institutes and countries on request.
- Disease monitoring through survey / surveillance.
We at NSSO shall always strive to serve our customers with utmost satisfaction
- Through production and on-time supply of high quality disease free layings
- By continually improving the input, raw material quality and processes
- By creating awareness among the staff about the latest technology advancements
- By adopting latest technology available
- By constantly honing the technical skills and upgrading the infrastructure
Our values guide our decisions and interactions with Partners and Stakeholders……….
- Embracing scientific excellence and working together ethically and with integrity in whatever we do.
- Building trust and respect with our stakeholders each day, partners and colleagues, knowing that with trust comes accountability & responsibility
- Igniting our creative spirit, exploring new horizons and creating an environment where innovation and quality thrive
- Consistently delivering on our commitments - We do what we say.
- Striving towards improvement in productivity for sustainable sericulture
NSSO is the sole player and market leader in the following areas -
- Maintenance of all authorized breeds at all the three levels namely, P3, P2 and P1 conforming to the original breed characters as per the set scientific norms
- Multiplication and distribution of component parental seed of all authorized hybrids through the BSFs.
- Supply of basic / parental seed to Departments of Sericulture of various states on request.
- Production and supply of superior quality bivoltine silkworm hybrid and improved cross breed dfls to the field.
- Self reliance in raw material, through generation of P1 bivoltine seed cocoons by following a system of adopting sufficient number of seed rearers and following quality linked pricing mechanism.
- ISO certified management practices are in place in all the Silkworm Seed Production Centres and also at P1 seed production centre.
- Expertise in silkworm egg preservation management and egg handling to thwart egg related eventualities
- Strong marketing network with forward linkage through Chawki Rearing Centres.
- Farmers’ sensitization and awareness creation on the new technological developments through various extension communication programmes.
- Generation of quality bivoltine parent seed cocoons through Adopted Seed Rearers (ASR) concept
- Raising seed crop under technical supervision.
- Supervision and examination of seed crop at different stage
- Purchase of seed cocoons conforming to standards / norms by the Purchase Committee where the seed crop rearer is also a member.
- Pricing of seed cocoons as per quality linked pricing structure based on pupation rate, which is done in the presence of the rearer.
- Processing of good quality seed cocoons for production of high quality commercial seed
- Compulsory sorting, cutting and sex separation of pupae to avoid selfing and mixing of races in case of bivoltine hybrid dfl preparation.
- Management of optimum environmental conditions during egg production.
- Handling of moths of different components / races separately.
- Mother moth examination carried out following standard procedure.
- Quality control checks at all stages i.e. incoming, in process and final stage
- Complete process for handling non conforming production.
- Supply of loose eggs in boxes for easy transportation and avoiding damage to eggs
- Popularizing of incubated egg supply and supply of incubated eggs on demand.
- Proper accounting of expenditure and returns
- Permission to check and verify all the above processes as laid down in Right to Information Act
- Handling of customer complaints with appropriate analysis of the system