PROGRESS IN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IMPLEMENTATION
NSSO has made all efforts to achieve the targets assigned in the Annual Programme of Department of Official Language, Ministry of Home Affairs, for the year 2017-18.
Compliance of section 3(3) of O.L. Act 1963 & Rule – 5
Section 3(3) of O.L Act 1963 & Rule -5 were complied in all the four quarter
During the year 2017-2018 the target of 55% fixed for Hindi Correspondence to Central Government offices, situated in “A”, “B” and “C” regions were achieved .
During the year the prescribed target of Hindi notings 30% was achieved.
Four full day Hindi workshops were organized in NSSO, Bengaluru on 21.04.2017, 27.09.2017, 18.11.2017 & 24.01.2018 during the year. NSSO H.Q. supported in conducting Hindi workshops in SCPC, Kunnigal on 30.12.2017 & SSPC Hosur on 14.11.2017.
During the year four Quarterly Meetings of OLIC were organized on 30.05.2017, 21.09.2017, 15.12.2017 & 02.03.2018 in NSSO H.Q and Bilingual Minutes were circulated.
Review meeting of Subordinate units
During the review meetings for Subordinate units organized on 18.04.2017, 26.05.2017, 22.08.2017, 12.10.2017 & 15.02.2018 at NSSO H.Q. Bengaluru review of O.L. Implementation was taken up.
Hindi Day :
Hindi day / Hindi Fortnight was celebrated by NSSO HQ jointly with CSB and CSTRI, Bengaluru from 01.09.2017 to 14.09.2017. Various Hindi competitions were conducted during Hindi fortnight and winners were awarded. NSSO Bengaluru has extended support in organizing Hindi day/Fortnight in Subordinate units of NSSO & near by CSB unit in Bengaluru.
- The Assistant Director (OL), NSSO attended the OL meetings conducted by Town Official Language Implementation committee, Bengaluru,
- The headings on the files and list of all the Officers and Officials of sub-units were made available in bilingual form.
- Eight officials who were written original noting and drafting in Hindi during 2016-17 were awarded under the incentive scheme.
- The quarterly reports/half yearly report were sent to the concerned offices.
- Technical article received from SSTL, Kodathi was prepared in Hindi regarding technology transfer at regional level.
- The papers received for Hindi translation was made.
- Official Language Orientation Programme was conducted by NSSO, Bengaluru on 22.08.2017 for the Incharges of Sub-units and Scientists & Administrative Officers.
- Hindi dictation Competition was conducted on 16.03.2018 and prizes were distributed.
- Facilation programme was organized on getting CSB O.L. award on 16.03.2018.
- Official Language Shield IInd prize for Silkworm Seed Production Centre, Palakkad was received by Smt. Shyamala, Scientist-D, SSPC, Palakkad and Citation was received by Smt. Jayasree C.P., Asstt. Director from Honorable Home State Minister Shri Kiran Rijiju during the Regional Official Language Conference on 08.12.2017 at Vishakhapattnam.
- SSPC, Palakkad, Sub-unit of NSSO got Ist Prize Official language Shield and citation from Tolic Palakkad on 30.01.2018.
- National Silkworm Seed Organization was awarded Ist Prize by the Central Silk Board, Bangalore for excellent Official Language work .
17 Official Language Inspections were done in Sub-Ordinate units during the financial year.
Total 2385 bilingual certificates and 727 renewal Certificated were distributed to the Seed producers, Chawki rearers and Seed Cocoon producers.
- Bilingual Pamplets on technique on egg handling.
- The required material for the Annual Report for the year 2016-17 was prepared in Bilingual and published.
- II edition of Frequently asked questions on Central Seed Act was published in Hindi.