The National Silkworm Seed Organization has been utilising the Information Technology in various operations in the organisation for the past 25 years. Silkworm Seed Production Centres, Basic Seed Farms, Seed Cocoon Procurement Centres, Cold Storage Plants which are back bone of NSSO are generating reports through the latest Computer Software which are benefiting them in data maintenance, reporting etc.,
MS-Office is used for general Office Correspondence and installation of MS-Access programs due to which substantial progress has been made. Computer Section of NSSO developed (in-house developed ) the following major applications and Information Systems which helped in generating required reports expeditiously
The following are the Software developed :
- Stock and Issue Register
Stock and Issue Register for P1/P2/P3 and F1 Bivoltine layings hibernated and acid treated under different schedule for Cold Storage Plant, Mysore and Hosur. Article published in Indian Silk – July 2010
- Stock and Issue Register
Stock and Issue Register for P1/P2/P3 and F1 Bivoltine layings hibernated and acid treated under 20 days schedule for Cold Storage Plant, Mysore and Hosur.
- Seed Act Information System.
Software for Seed Act application information entry and Certificate printing in bilingual using Unicode.
- Deployment and Vacancy Information System
Deployment and Vacancy Information System of NSSO H.Q and nested units. Installed in Establishment Section, NSSO H.Q.
- Personal Information System for SFW / TSFW
Personal Information System for SFW / TSFW and Casual Laborers working under NSSO and its units.
- Debit – Credit – Balance (DCB) Accounting System
To Monitor the arrears and clearance of outstanding DCB arrears against individual CSB official, State Sericulture Departments and also Inter Unit Transactions. Installed in DCB Section.
- DCB Accounting System for DOS
Monthwise adjustment and posting of DCB arrears to units of NSSO received from various DOSs through Computerised Accounting System. Installed in Working Capital Accounts Section.
- Miscellaneous Receipts Revenue and Miscellaneous Receipts Capital Accounting System (MRR / MRC)
Software for accounting of Miscellaneous Receipts received at NSSO H.Q. The system generates Month-wise and remittance details received under Grants-In-Aid accounts. Installed in Accounts Section ( GIA).
- Vehicle Information System
The information of all the vehicles Register Number, condition of the vehicle, cost, distance coveted etc., with different types of reports. Installed in Stores / Vehicle Section.
- Medical Bill Processing System
In order to process the medical bills received from officials quickly and accurately the software has been developed with different types of reports and FAS formats also included. Installed in Bills Section.
- Monthly Receipts and Payments for Grants-In-Aid
Menu driven system for consolidation of monthly Receipts and Payment accounts of NSSO and its units for Grants-In-Aid.
- Monthly Receipts and Payments for Revolving Capital Account
Menu driven system for consolidation of monthly Receipts and Payment accounts of NSSO and its units for Working Capital Section.
- Asset Register, Balance Sheets , Annual Accounts, Budgetary Plans, Estimates etc.,
The above software developed in MS-Excel with VB Script. Installed in Grants-In-Aid and Working Capital Section.
- Software to download Payroll data
Developed a software to download payroll data to Bank computer for easy processing. The software has been installed in Central Office, NSSO H.Q., SSTL Kodathi, BSF, Mysore and SSPC, Mysore.
- Address Master
To print NSSO units addresses for the use of Despatch Section.
- Right to Information
Web based Intranet developed for RTI and uploaded in CSB website.
- File Register Information
Software for Personal File Register information. Maintenance of File Registers.
- Increment calculation for NSSO Officials from Payroll System
Software for Increment calculation from Payroll System and issue of orders (Mail Merge).
- Chawki Rearing Centres Information System
Developed a comprehensive software package for compiling, computing and compassing data pertaining to the consumption of dfls by the CRCs enrolled under the Discount Scheme and then the discount availed of. Provisions have been incorporated in the package to generate variety of need based reports CRC-wise, SSPC-wise, Variety-wise, State- wise etc.,
- Rearing performance of Basic Seed Farms
Software developed for rearing performance of Basic Seed Farms with different types of reports. Installed in Technical Section.
- Recfication / Modification of the listed programs developed by M/s. Faculty India, Bangalore and Central Office, Bangalore.
- Childrens Education Allowance System
- Income Tax package
- Financial Accounting System
- Payroll System
- Tax Deduction at Source
- Release of Grants to NSSO units.
- Looking after changes / errors / modification in windows based newly developed Financial Accounting System and Payroll System
- NSSO Official Website using WordPress 4.7 with Vantage theme.