The seed cocoon generation is organised with the farmers who are progressive and having matching infrastructure to carryout designated activities. The Adopted Seed Rearers concept has provided to be very effective in terms of quality seed cocoon generation. The total requirement of bivoltine seed cocoons for the preparation of bivoltine hybrids and crossbreed dfls is met through Adopted Seed Rearers.
Advantages from the concept are
- Assured buy back of seed cocoons from the Adopted Seed Rearers
- Assured raw material supply
- Planned seed cocoon generation
- Quality linked pricing of seed cocoons
- Generation of quality Seed Cocoons
- Synchronization of batches.
Assistance @ 0.48 lakh per farmer under Central Sector Scheme,
Assistance for rearing houses @ 50 : 50 under Catalytic Development Programme.
ASRs are being given on spot training in disinfection, hygiene and seed crop rearing by the extension staff of the respective SSPCs.
List of ASRs under NSSO